One Convention Place, Suite 1400
701 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101-3927, USA
Mr. Tompkins chairs the Defense Litigation Practice Group and is a member of the Management Committee at Betts Patterson & Mines. A trial attorney with over 35 years experience, his practice concentrates on the defense of product, professional, environmental, and general liability claims as well as insurance coverage and extra-contractual liability.
· United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Washington
· 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
· Product Liability Advisory Counsel (PLAC), Sustaining Member
· International Association of Defense Counsel
- Past Member, Executive Committee
- Past Chair, Drug, Device and Biotech Committee
· Defense Research Institute
- Steering Committee of the Drug and Medical Device Litigation Committee
· National Foundation for Judicial Excellence, President 2010-2011, Board of Directors
Mr. Tompkins has spoken and published on environmental, product liability and professional liability issues in a number of contexts, including the Product Liability Advisory Council, the International Association of Defense Counsel and the Defense Research Institute.
· Stanford University School of Law, J.D., 1974
· University of Illinois, B.A., 1971