Preferred Areas of Activity:
- Criminal Law, with special focus on:
- International and European Criminal Law
- Judicial Cooperation and Extradition
- Related searches
- Counter-National Law
- PhD student at the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon with the theme "Circulation of evidence in the European Union - essay on a European theory of exclusion from evidence in criminal proceedings", under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Augusto Silva Dias.
- Master in Juridical-Criminal Sciences at the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon
- Degree in Law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon.
- Invited researcher and fellow of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and the DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) at the Max-Planck Institute of Foreign and International Criminal Law, Freiburg, Germany.
- Invited researcher and fellow of the DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) at the Institute of Criminology and Economic Criminal Law, University of Freiburg, Germany.
- Erasmus scholarship at the Freie Universität Berlin.
- Founding partner of Carlos Pinto de Abreu e Associados, Sociedade de Advogados, RL (2011).
- Lawyer since 2007 in the office of Dr. Carlos Pinto de Abreu.
- Attorney-trainee and Lawyer at Germano Marques da Silva e Associados, Sociedade de Advogados, RL (2004-2007).
- President of the Penal Forum - Association of Penal Lawyers
- Member of the Advisory Board of the European Criminal Bar Association
- Member of the Legal Experts Advisory Panel of Fair Trials International
- Member of the Defense Extradition Lawyer's Association
- Member of the European Committee for the Prevention of Torture and Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, elected in respect of Portugal
- Professor of International Cooperation in Criminal Matters at the Judicial Studies Center (European and International Law Area) since 2017
- Lecturer in Postgraduate Courses and Master's and Invited Assistant at the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon (2008-2011), having taught:
- under the regency of Prof. Dr. Augusto Silva Dias and Prof. Dr. Paulo de Sousa Mendes, the chairs of Criminal Law I and II (general part), of the study plan of Bologna;
- under the regency of Prof. Dr. Paulo de Sousa Mendes, the Chair of Criminal Procedural Law I, of the degree, and Criminal Procedural Law II, of the master's degree, both of the Bologna Study Plan;
- under the regency of Prof. Dr. João Curado Neves, the chair of Criminal Law II (special part).
Fluent in German, English and French, with advanced knowledge of Spanish and basic knowledge of Italian.
- Protection, Delinquency and Juvenile Justice - a practical manual for jurists ... and not only in collaboration with Carlos Pinto de Abreu and Inês Carvalho Sá, Sílabo, Lisboa 2010.
- Ne bis in idem and European Union, Coimbra Editora, Coimbra 2009.
- The right to non-self-incrimination (nemo tenetur se ipsum accusare) in Portuguese criminal and administrative proceedings, in collaboration with Prof. Dr. Augusto Silva Dias, Coimbra Editora, Coimbra 2009.
Articles in legal journals
- 'Ne bis in idem and European arrest warrant: commentary on Gaetano Mantello (Judgment of the Court of Justice, 16-11-2010, Case C-261/09), Journal of the Public Prosecutor's Office, 127/2011, p. 271-325. "
- 'Nemo tenetur se ipsum accusare e concurrence - Jurisprudence of the Commercial Court of Lisbon', Competition and Regulation Review, 1/2010, p. 175-197.
- Scope and extension of telecommunications secrecy - brief notes to the Second Senate Judgment of the German Federal Constitutional Court, March 2, 2006, Public Prosecutions Review, 112/2007, p. 141-159
- Brief notes on the Framework Law on Criminal Policy and the First Law on Criminal Policy (in collaboration with Dr. Carlos Pinto de Abreu), Judge 3/2007, p. 163-184.
- 'Corpus Juris 2000 - Imposition on the defendant of delivery of documents for proof and nemo tenetur se ipsum accusare', Public Prosecutor's Magazine, 108/2006 and 109/2007.
- «The rights of the defense according to the ECtHR - an Illustration in the Light of A.T. v. Luxembourg and the Right to Legal Assistance ", NJECL 4 (2016), pp. 397-417
- 'The importance of networks of European judicial cooperation in criminal matters - what is the role of the lawyer ?, JULG 21 (2013), pp. 255-262
- "Problems of Obtaining Evidence in a Transnational Context - Introduction", Portuguese Journal of Criminal Science 4 (2013), pp. 547-568.
Contributions in collective works
- European Institutional Criminal Law), which is being published in the 1st Postgraduate Course on Improvement in Special Criminal Law (patrimonial and economic-financial), organized by the Institute of Criminal Law and Criminal Sciences of the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon (2009-2010)
- Resolved Practical Cases - Criminal Procedural Law, under the coordination of Prof. Dr. Paulo de Sousa Mendes), Lisbon: AAFDL.
- Elements of study - Lawsuits