The corporate and commercial law, M&A and insolvency law practice of Peeters Law is headed by Leo Peeters, a specialist in national and cross-border corporate and business law, and in commercial and financial transactions.
Leo offers advice to his clients on mergers, acquisitions, financial transactions and restructuring of companies.
His experience covers contract law, commercial law, banking and finance law, insolvency, distribution law, construction and real estate, telecom and arbitration.
Leo serves the interests of both national and international clients.
Leo has acquired broad experience during a professional career of about 35 years, as legal consultant with Price Waterhouse, and as a partner with Ernst&Young. In 1998, he was founding partner of Peeters Advocaten in co-operation with Ernst&Young. He afterwards became a partner with Simmons & Simmons and Thompson Hine LLP.
Leo is a member of the Brussels Bar.
- Qualified in 1981 at the « Vrije Universiteit Brussel » (Lic. Iuris)
- MBA (CEPAC) in 1986 at the « Université Libre de Bruxelles »
- Financial Management at « Vlaamse Economische Hogeschool » in 1989
Leo is fluent in:
- International Bar Association (IBA);
- Belgian Corporate Finance Association (BCFA);
- Belgian Centre for Mediation and Arbitration (Cepani);
- European Association of SME Transfer (Transeo);
- Art Law Foundation (Geneva).
Conference & Seminares
- Legal training courses for tax, legal and audit professionals and accountants, in Belgium and abroad;
- Seminars with Chambers of Commerce on topics of corporate law and the insolvency legislation;
- Seminars on corporate law, both to clients and internally within Price Waterhouse and Ernst & Young;
- Seminars on the real estate UCITS legislation;
- Seminars on international private law aspects of merging and emigrating companies;
- Seminars on insolvency law with Kluwer Opleidingen;
- Client seminars regarding Corporate Governance.
- Contribution to the report Doing Business 2017 "Equal Opportunity for All" of the World Bank Group.
- Publications regarding corporate and commercial law in several businessreviews;