- LL.B. (Hons), University of London (External Programme), Pakistan
- Bar Vocational Course, University of the West of England, Bristol, United Kingdom
- Called to the Bar (Lincoln’s Inn), United Kingdom
- M.A. International Relations, University of Karachi, Pakistan
- Diploma in Islamic Economics and Finance, Centre for Islamic Economics, Pakistan
Advocate, High Court of Sindh
Syed Ali Bin Maaz has extensive experience working on corporate and commercial matters, with a strong focus on aviation finance, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, and financial market transactions. In addition to his experience in the corporate field, Ali also advises in commercial dispute resolution matters and appears before the courts in Pakistan.
Ali acts for major clients most notably in the energy and natural resources and financial sectors. He provides specialist advice in relation to aircraft leasing and aviation financing and routinely advises power sector entities in negotiations of project documents, including fuel supply agreements and power purchase contracts. Ali has also recently been involved with power projects under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, part of China’s Belt and Road Initiative. He has been recognised as a ‘Rising Star’ in Banking and M&A (IFLR).