Naina Krishna Murthy is the Founder and Managing Partner of K Law. She started her career with Arthur Anderson followed by a stint as the in-house Counsel at Biocon. Naina founded K Law in 1999 in Bengaluru; under her leadership and guidance, K Law today is a full-service Indian law firm with 85+ lawyers in offices at Bengaluru, Mumbai, New Delhi and Chennai. Naina is based out of the Mumbai office.
Naina has been practicing law for 24 years and specializes in corporate commercial law, specifically mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations and PE/VC investments. Naina is also a trusted legal advisor to some of the foremost corporates in India.
Naina is on the Board of several leading organizations, including the Universal Business School. She has co-chaired the Infosys Grievance Redressal Board for five years. In addition to that, she has been on committees of various companies involving sexual harassment complaints. Some of these companies are Novartis India Ltd; Mphasis Ltd; McAfee Software India Pvt Ltd; GE India Technology and British Telecom, among others.
Naina has represented eminent Indian and overseas clients on their operations in India and abroad, such as L&T, Ryerson Steel, Reliance Industries, and Dell Engineering Services, and she has been appointed as the external Ombudsman of SB Energy, a Softbank company. She has authored many articles and white papers on topics including Trade and Renewable Energy.
She has also served as the director for various companies including National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Ltd. Currently, she is on the board of Bajaj Energy Ltd since March 16, 2019, and IndoStar Capital Finance Ltd since February 5, 2018.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognised as one of the
Super 50 Lawyers in India for by Asian Legal Business (Thomson Reuters), 2021
- Winner of Client Choice Awards
within the category of Healthcare in India by Lexology, 2021
- Featured in the Managing
Partner Roundtable by Asian Legal Business (Thomson Reuters) in its December
- Honoured with ‘Woman of Excellence’ and ‘Business Leadership’
awards hosted by Indian Achievers’ Forum, 2020
- Notable Practitioner for Corporate/M&A in Chambers & Partners APAC, 2019
- Included in India Business Law Journal's A-List of India's top 100 lawyers, 2016 & 2017
- Recognised as Most Influential Woman in M&A Law, APAC-Insider, 2016
- Market-leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A by Asialaw Leading Lawyers, 2016
- Leading Practitioner for Corporate / M&A by Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific, 2016
- Honoured with Woman Leadership for Excellence in Entrepreneurship by CMO Asia, Pan Pacific, Singapore, 2013
- Named Woman Lawyer of the Year by Legal Era Awards, 2013
- Featured in Entrepreneur India magazine, March 2013 edition
External Member of Committees
Naina has wide experience as an external member of committees of large multinational corporates for guidance on handling various matters including whistle-blower complaints. Some of these include:
- SB Energy - External Ombudsman of the company.
- Infosys - The Grievance Redressal Board: Co-chair for five years.
- L&T Finance - Complaints Committee.
- Novartis - Complaints Committee.
- Bharati-AXA - Complaints Committee.
- OML - External Committee.
- Mphasis Ltd - Sexual Harassment Committee.
- McAfee Software India Pvt Ltd - Sexual Harassment Committee.
- GE India Technology - Sexual Harassment Committee.
- British Telecom - Sexual Harassment Committee.