Venkatesh practices Corporate and Civil laws with a focus on Infrastructure, Energy and Foreign investment. His current work profile includes advising on Domestic and Cross Border Investments, Mergers & Acquisitions, Entry strategies, Transaction structuring, Joint Venture, Technology Transfer and Private Equity funding especially in the Energy, Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Chemicals space. Venkatesh’s role in these transactions has included negotiations, drafting, complex structuring, rendering strategic advice and interacting with foreign law firms & investment banks.
He has worked extensively in the Energy sector, and has an experience of handling a wide array of complex transactions and project documentation. He has advised large Indian & International Energy companies with regard to their domestic and international investment.
As part of his advisory, Venkatesh advises on the entire gamut of the transaction value chain risk analysis and providing mitigation strategies.
In the general corporate law and M&A transactions, he has led the team of lawyers representing various multinational businesses, state-owned entities, private equity firms, and venture capital firms, particularly in the Infrastructure, Energy, Heavy engineering, R&D, Automotive, Construction & Engineering and has been involved in transaction involving more than USD 3-4 Billion of FDI in India in the last 4-5 years. His work assignments have related to the drafting of share sale and purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements, and associated transaction documents and rending strategic advice to his clients – domestic and foreign.
Venkatesh is a regular speaker at international and national conferences and workshops on issue of policy, law regulation, project finance, and reform in the Energy and Infrastructure space.
- AIPN (the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators)
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Member CII, Infrastructure Committee
- Seminar cum Workshop on Mediation and Conciliation under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996 organised by Bar Council of India (1997)
- Seminar on Valuation Issues in Mergers & Acquisition (under U.S. Laws)- NYU School of Law (2002)
- Negotiation Workshop (M&A) – NYU School of Law (2002)
- Seminar on Corporate Governance – Stern School of Business, New York (2003)
- Seminar on International Commercial Dispute Settlement – NYU School of Law (2003)
- Seminar cum Training Workshop on valuation in M&A organised by MDI, Gurgaon (2005)
- Natural Gas & LNG Marketing Contracts Workshops, Jakarta, Indonesia organized by AIPN, Chevron, Conocophillips and Govt. of Indonesia (2006)
- Seminar on Merger & Acquisition “Issues & Challenges” organised by ICSI (2011)
- Seminar on Coal Markets and Trading organised by PowerEdge, Singapore (2014)
- B.A. (English Hons.), University of Delhi (1994)
- LL. B, Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi (1997)
- LLM, New York University School of Law (2003)