Trevor is a highly regarded lawyer you want on your side. He is the founder and principal of Ironbridge Legal and is a specialist commercial litigator and insolvency lawyer with deep experience in his areas of practice. Prior to founding Ironbridge Legal, Trevor was a partner of a successful Sydney based boutique law firm.
Clients have described Trevor as extremely insightful, friendly, practical and pragmatic.
Trevor founded Ironbridge Legal to provide in-depth specialist and conflict free advice in the disputes space – starting a law firm with true specialism in just two key areas: Commercial Litigation and Insolvency and Bankruptcy.
Trevor started his legal career at global top three firm, Allen & Overy LLP, where he trained and spent several years advising a multitude of corporates and high-net-worth individuals in connection with complex disputes and regulatory matters often straddling more than one jurisdiction
Before moving to Australia from the UK for family reasons, Trevor was a barrister in London, acting for corporates and high-net-worth individuals in complex commercial litigation and insolvency matters in the High Court. This experience, coupled with Trevor’s accountancy studies and his earlier practice as an accountant, gives him a rare depth and breadth of experience to apply to his clients’ matters.
Trevor has acted for a wide variety of corporates, insolvency practitioners and private clients in a range of industries covering diverse subject matters.
- Shareholder in a minority shareholder dispute with a substantial steel company involving whistleblowing claims
- Chinese shareholder in a mining dispute concerning two granite and marble mines in Queensland
- Large property developer who had been blackmailed by a rogue employee
- Large Canadian fund in obtaining freezing orders, and pursuing several claims for misleading and deceptive conduct and fraud-style claims
- Start-up in a significant complex contractual dispute, including issues as to whether there was ever a contract
- Shareholder of a company in defamation action
- Property company in a claim against Telstra for failure to provide a service
- Large accountancy firm defending allegations of breaches of restraint following a business sale
- Represented a secured mortgage lender in relation to enforcement proceedings following a loan default
- Acted for a significant Sydney based fund in hostile takeovers litigation before the Takeovers Panel
- Represented three related defendants in court proceedings instituted by a major bank in relation to personal guarantees of business loans. This matter resulted in a successful settlement at mediation
- Acted for a shareholder in relation to a dispute in relation to further funding obligations under a shareholders’ agreement
- Acted for a bankrupt in a claim against a Big 4 bank
- Acted for a construction company in a complex fraud dispute
- Successfully acted for a company in Queensland Supreme Court proceedings to urgently remove a caveat on a property
- Successfully acted for several directors in respect of challenging Director Penalty Notices (DPN) issued by the Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- Acted for claimant in a significant debt claim involving complex set-off and payroll grouping issues
- Successfully acted in several breach of contract claims
- Acted for purchaser of land in a misleading and deceptive conduct claim against the vendor and the agent
Trevor has acted for a wide variety of corporates, insolvency practitioners and private clients in a range of industries covering diverse subject matters. A sample of the matters he has been pivotally involved in include acting for a:
Trevor is currently a serving member of the New South Wales Law Society’s Litigation Law & Practice Committee.
- The New South Wales Law Society
- The Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- The Law Society of England & Wales
- The Honourable Society of Middle Temple (for barristers)
- In 2015, Thompson Reuters’ Super Lawyers recognised Trevor as a “rising star”.
- In 2021, Finalist: Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year: Litigation
- In 2021, Finalist: Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year: Insolvency
- In 2021, Recommended Doyles Guide Litigation Partner
- In 2021, Recommended Doyles Guide Insolvency Partner
- a first-class law degree, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) with Honours
- a distinction in the England & Wales Legal Practice Course
- a distinction in Australian Constitutional Law
- passes in several accountancy subjects awarded by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants