Ireland is the only English-speaking country member of the European Union (EU) after Brexit. Its multicultural society, discounted or free high-quality education, advanced health and welfare systems, as well as safe living environment have attracted many Hongkongers migrate to Ireland in recent years.
Ireland Immigrant Investor Programme
The Immigrant Investor Programme (IIP) is open to non-EEA nationals who commit to an approved investment in Ireland. The Immigrant Investor Programme requires a minimum designated investment of €1,000,000 or approved donation of €400,000, from the applicant’s own resources and not financed through a loan or other such facility. The applicant must have legally acquired net assets of at least €2,000,000.
1. You are only required to stay in Ireland at least one day in each calendar year to retain permanent residence.
2. Relatively fast processing time in 3-4 months
3. Free health services (with conditions) and free children education
4. If you live in Ireland for 5 years and no more than 44 days out of Ireland for the first 4 years, you are eligible to apply for citizenship.
5. No global tax to be paid and relatively low corporate tax among EU countries
6. Irish and UK citizens have the right to live, travel, work and study within the Common Travel Area.
7. Irish citizens have the right to live, travel, work and study within all the European Union member countries under the Freedom of Movement in the EU.
Submission of Applications
The Immigrant Investor Programme will open for applications in 2020 as follows. Applications will be accepted during these periods only.
(a) 17 February 2020 – 21 February 2020
(b) 20 April 2020 – 24 April 2020
(c) 22 June 2020 – 26 June 2020
(d) 31 August 2020 – 4 September 2020
(e) 26 October 2020 – 30 October 2020
John Hu Migration Consulting has filed about 50 Ireland Immigrant Investor Programme visa applications for our Hong Kong clients. With our experienced Ireland immigration lawyer and expert advice from our Ireland strategic partners, we provide our professional immigration advice, various investment and donation options to meet individual client’s needs, and seamless visa application processing services for our clients who decide to migrate to Ireland.
Interested in applying for Ireland Immigrant Investor Programme? Contact us today to learn more.